Monday 1 April 2019

Shame, Shame


Like guilt, shame is another difficult emotion which has roots in the past. This is a culture implanted emotion and an individual can pay a heavy price for it. The experience & feelings with shame are captured below in the short poem: 

Eyes all around,
I am the focus.
Murmurs all around,
I am the focus.
Shame, Shame say they all
Through their looks and words.


I wish to vanish to unknown places.
But like an Ostrich, with no wings to fly
I bury my face in the ground,
Not only those who know,
But also by the unknowns,
Hunt me with Shame, Shame.

The cost of mistakes,
deliberate or non-deliberate, is too high,
Not limited to the real world,
The behavior spills to the online world,
Some comment, Some abuse, 
Shame, Shame everywhere.

The internal chaos swells,
As I sip & dip in self-criticism & questioning
Is there a blot on the portrait,
Or just a shadow for time being,
Am I good enough,
When will the shame, shame go away? 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Anupam sir, this one is dedicated you. In my difficult time with Shame, you found me & helped me out.

    ReplyDelete